Monday, 10 July 2017

Some pens are better than others

I'm probably going against the grain with popular artistic drawing practice but I definitely draw better with some pens than I do others. And after 35 years of drawing as an amateur, enthusiast and professional I can’t answer why. Here's a gun slinging mouse drawn with a variety of pens...







It used to be Dip Pens that I used with confidence. Over the past year life and work have changed direction and slowly the confident use of the dip pen has dissolved. The Pilot Parallel Pen has stepped up to replace the dip pens. Why does this matter, surely an artist can use anything to create. They can, although it’s the tool that enables me to express my ideas the simplest. The only thing I struggle with is the continuous refilling of the pen with Carbon Pen ink.

This may all change when I wake up tomorrow.



No comments: