Wednesday, 20 May 2015

Started Inking the Waterton Comic

After a lot of procrastination I started inking the Charles Waterton comic today, in a style I'm happy with. The past week has involved sourcing a decent water colour paper to work on. I was all set to use Bristol Board as it takes ink really well but wasn't convinced it was the right thing to apply watercolour to.

I found a lot of really nice heavy weight papers on-line but again, it had a bit of trail and error about it. I ended up in the local Staples and found a pad of Derwent Watercolour Paper which stated on the cover that it was smooth (hot pressed) and fine for pencil and watercolor work. For the price of £7 for a pad of 12 A3 pages I thought it was worth giving it a go. Turns out it takes ink brilliantly and watercolour looks good on it too. I went back to the store and bought two more pads for the project, just to be sure.


No comments: