Tuesday, 18 September 2012

Thornes Lane Wharf or as I like to call it, 'Page Two'

Thornes Lane Wharf, background artwork
I posted the line work for this early this morning and this is now the coloured in version. I mixed opaque white calligraphy ink into the watercolour to thicken it up a bit to get the kind of sky I wanted (moody) and just kept going pretending like I knew what I was doing. The only problem is it caused the paper to wrinkle on the right hand side. The above image is scanned (in two parts and joined together in Photoshop) pretty much as is without any tweaking. If you compare it to the next image after the jump, you can see how little I am messing with the original artwork.


This is the completed page so far. I say so far because I am not happy with the 'arfside' in panel three and might apply some cross hatching over the top to hide the typography a bit. At the time, I didn't want to be too specific in the image to the logo side of things. If I had any sense I would redraw it but I want to keep some of the 'happy mistakes' in this project and I need to move on to the next site on my list, maybe some one, some where will see the humour.


No comments: