Sunday, 6 March 2011

Agbrigg Illustrations

Welcome to Agbrigg

Duke of York


Agbrigg road sign


Truvine Charity Shop

Spent time yesterday redrawing illustrations for the Oral History Book Project. My first attempts didn’t quite match up with my recent efforts, which I thought were better. These are made using a light box to trace off elements with pen and brush that are needed then moved around to make the picture work, to place emphasis  where it’s needed.

For instance the Truevine Charity Shop above, their A Board sign is in need of repair, as a local Agbriggand’ I walk past the Truevine nearly every day and the picture above is how I remember it. The book is all about capturing peoples memories and listening to their side of the story, so it only right that the illustrations reflect this too.

No comments: