Saturday, 29 May 2010

Kerry Morrison Drawing and Consultation

In an introductory session I am drawing artist Kerry Morrison as she goes about her consultation along the Spen Valley Way in Cleckheaton. It took awhile to get into the swing of things, I wasn't sure which pen to use and settled for the quickness and immediacy of a black fine liner. I did try using dip pen and ink but that just seemed to attract the attention of a heard of cows who proceeded to lick and cover my trousers in cow saliva, The joy of being outside, eh?


I edited and arranged the text into the layout back at home, free from green fly, other than that all the drawing was done on location in a sketchbook. Some of Kerry's previous work can be seen here and the project has been commissioned by the lovely people at LOCA, Batley, West Yorkshire.

I dropped in on Kerry a few time over May, June and July and found it easier and more productive to take photos and make quick scribbles to work on back home. The weather was atrocious for drawing outside literally being windswept and drenched outside in a field every time I visited.












No comments: