Wednesday, 20 February 2008

Miss Prim

Started the day off by drawing for an hour at Wakefield Museum. I was grateful for the chance to draw inside as fog and snow descended upon Wakefield. I drew the figures and props on location, then back at the studio, a few minutes walk away (I spent more time in the lift getting to my room on the third floor than I did walking the frozen streets between the museum and the studio), I inked in the panel divisions and added a few bits and pieces to make it more of a 'story' and then added a wash. This is how I shall remember the morning.

2 comments:

Paul said...

"I spent more time in the lift getting to my room on the third floor..."

You used the lift?? for shame, use those stairs and keep that heart healthy!

John Welding said...

Ah, point taken, lifts use a lot of energy too so I shall be taking the stairs from now on.