Wednesday, 30 May 2007

Drawings and How He Does It

These are scans from the A5 Daler-Rowney sketchbook I am working in for the new 'A Life of Magic'. I rough out the panels with a blue 0.7 propelling pencil and then draw the line work with an Artline Calligraphy Pen 2.0. The page is then scanned b/w at 600 dpi. In Photoshop I change the mode to Grayscale and apply the 'Cutout' filter, to smooth the line work out a bit, but not too much. I keep a copy of the Grayscale version in a separate folder and create a new file at 300 dpi to colour up. And now you know all my drawing secrets.


1 comment:

ZUM! said...

Gads John!

Just had to note as I've been going through what you've got on the site again (you seem to change it every time I manage to get time to look)

It's those last 3 pages in May - they just work perfectly - best little 'comics' sequence it's been my pleasure to read in a long time...


thank you