Saturday, 14 April 2007

Storytelling

The last day of the Leeds International Storytelling Festival. Jorg Baesecke and Hedwig Rost are on in the afternoon, with their beautiful up close storytelling. They use small, everyday things in their theatre, which transform into huge objects in the imagination. The stories are in English and German and it all makes perfect sense.


In the evening Helen and I go to see Robert Greygrass and Gayle Ross talk about their tribes and traditions, it makes me feel strong and weak at the same time. Strong in that they make me believe in the spiritual world just beyond, weak, in that I will never get there.

I have enjoyed doing these storytelling drawings, I have said before, they help me to remember the event and details of the stories being told and are different to an illustrated story.

No comments: